What to Expect
We know it can be a little awkward to visit a new place, especially one where it seems everyone but you knows what’s going on. So we thought we’d let you in on all the secrets.
We currently have two buildings that house our ministries: our main church building and a two bedroom house right next door (our Learning Center). Whether you come for Sunday School at 9:30am or church at 10:30am, the drill is the same. We all meet together for some singing and any important announcements. Then the children will be dismissed to classes in the Learning Center. After Sunday School, they will be brought back to the main auditorium and after church they will be dismissed shortly after the adult service concludes and can be met just outside the front door.
Nursery age children (3 and younger) are welcome in our spacious nursery area below the auditorium. One of our caring ladies, assisted by one of our teens, will make sure that they are well cared for during the service. The door to the nursery is in the back of the auditorium, to your left as you enter from the foyer.
While we do not have a set dress code, we do ask that you wear clothes. On any given Sunday you will find folks in jeans and you will find folks in suits. Many of us feel that going to church is a time of meeting with someone important (God and His people) and so we try to wear our best, but nobody will be turned away or looked down upon for wearing what they have. We love people and will just be glad you came, no matter what you wear!
What are the services like?
You will learn quickly that the preaching and teaching of God’s Word is the focus around here.
- Sunday School
- A time of systematic instruction in the Word of God.
- Sunday Morning Service
- Singing of some timeless psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.
- A special music number from a small group or soloist
- The message is usually intended for a wide audience and is intended to be a help to folks no matter what their spiritual condition.
- Sunday Night Serve
- Not just a repeat of Sunday Morning.
- A little more laid back
- Message focuses on Christians who desire to grow and serve God.
- Wednesday Night
- More relaxed.
- Sing a few songs
- Simple message on prayer or the spiritual life.
- Update our prayer list and spend some time praying over the requests. Sometimes we just pray together with Pastor leading and other times we break up into groups. We try to be sensitive to those who may be uncomfortable praying out-loud and no one will be forced to do so.
We hope to see you soon!